Bettyville isn't a place for just anybody. It's a place where bodacious bombshells come to let our hair down & work through stuff together. It can get intense in here, which is fine… but we run a tight ship. Act a fool & we'll boot your ass out!
- Be nice. No bullying, name-calling, threats or harassment. We’re here to get through some sticky stuff and emotions can run high, but let’s all be ladies & treat one another with respect.
- No slander. When talking about the ex, leave his last name out of it. First initials and nicknames are best (we’re kinda partial to “Peter Poo Pants,” for example). We’ll sometimes focus on he-who-shall-not-be-named, but let’s keep it that way by NOT NAMING HIM. Your lawyer will thank you!
- Save your sales pitch. If you have your own business, or you make/sell queso or makeup or rings made of teeth, that’s GREAT… but seriously, this isn’t the place to sell it. You’re entering a no spam zone.
- Feel free to give advice — it’s what we’re here for, right? — & a little snark is fine, but don’t you DARE tell someone to do something idiotic to harm herself or anyone else. We’re about bouncing back & moving on… not saddling ourselves with regret. Keep the Louisville Slugger where it belongs & leave those headlights alone.
- Be empowered, and help each other out. If you see someone acting up, ask them politely to stop. If they won’t, tell us. We’ll take care of it straight away.
Now, the legal mumbo jumbo:
Whilst we attempt to edit or remove any messages containing inappropriate, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, slanderous, or threatening material that could be considered invasive of a persons privacy, or which otherwise violate any kind of law, it is impossible for us to review every message posted on this discussion system. For this reason you acknowledge that all messages posted on this discussion system express the views and opinions of the original message author and not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Therefore we take no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy and completeness of every message.